Al Qudra Lake in Dubai, UAE | Places to Visit in Dubai
Last Exit the Street food park has been opened at Al Qudra near the Al Qudra Lake. Click to read more…
Not Allowed: Barbecue, camping, campfire, dog walking, swimming, fishing, bikes, vehicles. Dh 500 fine for violating the rules
The Al Qudra lake, located in the middle of the Seih Al Salam desert and Bab Al Shams, was created and managed by the civic body as part of a project to green and enrich that part of the desert of Dubai.
Saih al Salam Desert Reserve is a large desert reserve around 12 km southeast of the new Dubai World Central airport. It was first birded in May 2012, so a recent discovered site.
Some 130 species of birds have been spotted and recorded in Al Qudra Lake by Dr Reza Khan, Specialist, Wildlife and Zoo Management, Public Parks and Horticulture Department at Dubai Municipality, during his field visit.
Another dozen bird species are awaiting confirmation of their identities.
Other birds sighted in the lake include the Glossy Ibis, Caspian Plover, Sanderling, Ruddy Turnstone, Gull-billed Tern that prefer coastal areas. Mainland and migratory birds include the Eurasian wryneck, Rosy Starling, Common Starling, shrikes, Wheatears, eagles and falcons, among others.
Al Qudra Lake in Dubai, UAE | Places to Visit in Dubai Details
Where is the location of Al Qudra Lake?
In the middle of the Seih Al Salam desert and Bab Al Shams
How to reach Al Qudra lake?
The easiest access seem to be to take the road passing Arabian Ranches and Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club. From the Polo Club it is 28 km to the Saih al Salam–Qudra lake. There is Al Qudra cycle track and Al Qudra desert camping area in the way towards the lake.
- Coming from Sharjah towards Jebel Ali, take Emirates road (E611)
- Go straight until you see Exit 35 ( If you are coming from Abu Dhabi/Jebel Ali, take Exit 35 in Emirates Road)
- Take Exit 35 & take a U-Turn. Then you will reach other side of the Emirates road (ie towards Sharjah Direction)
- Go straight. In approximate 200 meters you will see Al Qudra Exit 35
- Follow that exit and go straight for approximately 20 Kilometers till you see a roundabout with horse statue in middle of round about. (From the beginning of Al Qudra Exit 35 this is 3rd roundabout)
- Once you reach this round about there is no more tar road. You have to go straight through the “Mud Road” / “Kacha Road”.
- Take left from the “Trek Bicycle Store” through the “Mud Road” / “Kacha Road”. In 200 meters you will reach the first lake. Near by there are other lakes.
Google map link: Click here for the Google Map
Some Photos of Al Qudra Lake
DubaiTravelator.com for your Travel Assistance
DubaiTravelator.com have listed travel agents who offer various travel packages, Dubai visa specialist to apply for Dubai visa, visa and immigration procedures in Dubai, hotels in Dubai and special deals, things to do in Dubai, places to visit in Dubai, how to plan a five day tour to Dubai etc for your travel assistance.
- Tour Operators in Dubai
- Visa and immigration procedures in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Things to do in Dubai
- Places to visit in Dubai
- Plan for a five day tour to Dubai
- Jobs in Dubai
- Details about Salik Road Toll in Dubai
- Top 10 parks in Dubai
- Dubai Shopping Festival
We have many more categories listed for you .Please click here to check other categories in DubaiTravelator.com
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.