Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary Dubai | محمية راس الخور
Ras Al Khor is one of the few urban protected areas in the world, holding approximately more than 450 species of fauna and 47 species of flora.
It covers an area of 620 hectares featuring sabkhas saline flats, inter tidal mudflats and mangroves, small lagoons and pools, and a few tiny islands which lies at the interface between the Arabian Gulf and the Al Awir Desert.
During winter, RAKWS supports more than 20,000 water birds of 67 species and acts as a critical staging ground for the wintering birds of the East African-West Asian Flyway.
Where is Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary?
It is located at the head of the 14Km long watercourse known as Dubai Creek – Oud Metha road.
How to reach at Ras Al Khor Sanctuary?
- 13 minutes around 16 Km via Ras Al Khor road / E 44
- 16 minutes around 20 Km via Al Khail road
- Location Google Map https://goo.gl/maps/RatokjZ52H62
What is the opening hours of Ras Al Khor Sanctuary?
- Every Saturday to Thursday 9 AM to 4 PM (Friday Closed)
Is there any formalities for the visitors before entering to the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary?
Visitors have to inform the Marine Environment and Wildlife section, Environment Department, Dubai Municipality before the visit.
- Individuals and family group do not require prior permit, and they will be registered at the sanctuary.
- Visitors should comply with rules and regulations to avoid any harmful effect on the Visit Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Submission of official I.D is essential.
- Approval is mandatory for by companies/Media groups/Tour groups. This service is provided by Environment Department.
- call center
How to contact Ras Al Khor Sanctuary authorities?
- Contact number: +97146066822 / +9716066826
Is there any entrance fee required to see the birds at Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary Dubai?
- No – Its totally free of cost
When is the best time to visit Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary Dubai?
- During the winter months between Octobers to March
How to get the permit or approval to visit the Wildlife Sanctuary?
If you like to visit, just click on: https://portal.dm.gov.ae/SCWebUI/DataDetails.aspx?servicecode=3503&id=723&parentid=0&name=SER718&DeptId=10
- Online application can be logged for permit or approval for visit
- At least 1 working day is required to process the permit to this sanctuary.
Information courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/wildlife.ae?fref=nf
DubaiTravelator.com for your Travel Assistance
DubaiTravelator.com have listed travel agents who offer various travel packages, Dubai visa specialist to apply for Dubai visa, visa and immigration procedures in Dubai, hotels in Dubai and special deals, things to do in Dubai, places to visit in Dubai, how to plan a five day tour to Dubai etc for your travel assistance.
- Tour Operators in Dubai
- Visa and immigration procedures in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Things to do in Dubai
- Places to visit in Dubai
- Plan for a five day tour to Dubai
- Jobs in Dubai
- Details about Salik Road Toll in Dubai
- Top 10 parks in Dubai
- Dubai Shopping Festival
We have many more categories listed for you .Please click here to check other categories in DubaiTravelator.com.
Please do let us know if you have more queries.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.