Muscat to Musandam
There are 3 ways of transport by which you can go to Musandam from Muscat:
- Muscat to Musandam by ferry service – 6 hours journey in a Ferry service.
- Muscat to Musandam by road – 570 kms from Muscat crossing UAE – Ras Al Khaimah boarder. Hence necessary exit and entrance visa procedures are applicable. The estimated travel time is 7 to 8 hours.
- Muscat to Musandam by air – Oman Air flying to Kasab from Seeb airport and estimated travel time is 1 hour. You have to buy the tickets with at least the day before you fly. The ticket fare will be 25 Rials one way.
Muscat to Musandam by ferry service – Things to be Noted:
- The National Ferries is one of the best options to travel to Musandum from Muscat.
- The 200 nautical mile distance between Muscat and Khasab will be covered in six hours by the ferry service.
- The service is provided by National Ferries Company ( NFC – الشـركة الوطـنية للعبارات) between Muscat and Kasab.
- Advance booking before 24 hours is recommended. On the sport booking is not recommended for the ferry service.
- You should visit the office and do a direct booking and confir your tickets.
- The Muscat-Khasab ferries operate 4 days a week, leaving Muscat Sundays & Wednesdays 12:00 pm and leaving Khasab Tuesdays & Fridays 12:00 pm.
- For all passengers the ID proof is required during bookings. Hence make sure all the necessary documents are with you while booking.
- Toll free number 80072000.
- Free wireless Internet. Lunch, snacks and beverages included in ticket price.
The ticket price for ferry to Musandam from Muscat and Muscat to Musandam
- Business class: Return 85 Rials / One way 45 Rials.
- Tourist class: Return 44 Rials / One way 23 Rials.
Related links for more information
Things to do in Khasab – Musandam
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.