How to go to Salalah from Dubai?
If you are planning to go to Salalah by road from Dubai there are certain things to be noted which are listed below.
- Keep in mind that you need to travel 1,300 kilometers from Dubai to reach Salalah. Hence even though a SUV/4X4 is not a must, we recommend a SUV/4X4 considering your comfort to travel a long 12 hours continuous journey.
- Start your journey from Dubai early in the morning so that you can reach Salalah before night.
- On the way, there are few petrol stations. However, always refill petrol once it is nearing half tank.
- After around 500 kilometers from Dubai, there is a small town called “Hema” or “Haima” where you can have lunch as there are few restaurants available in the town.
- Carry a map of Salalah route with you.
- Dubai to Salalah Google route map: https://goo.gl/maps/oPgn9tJFQpoG2CDm9
- The road is a single way. Hence drive safe.
- The highway is also not fenced off but there are signs warning about the possibility of camels or sheep wandering to the other side to graze. Hence drive with caution.
- There are couple of check post on your way. Hence you have to keep your passport, driving license and vehicle registration handy to avoid any delays.
Where is Salalah situated? What is the climate in Salalah?
Salalah is the second-largest city in the Sultanate of Oman. From the capital city of Oman which is Muscat, Salalah is 1000 kilometers away and lies in the Dhofar Province.
Salalah attracts lots of people from other parts of Oman and GCC during the Khareef season, which starts from July to September.
Hence the best time to visit Salalah is between July to September. During the time you can see Salalah at its beauty and enjoy the cool weather.
Due to monsoon in Salalah, there is a lot of vegetables and fruits cultivated.
Documents Required to travel to Salalah -Oman from UAE by road
- Your and your dependent’s / co-passenger’s passports
- Your driving license
- Your car registration card (Mulkiya)
- Car insurance document. You can purchase car insurance at the border If your car doesn’t have Oman insurance coverage.
- A pen
If you are a UAE residence visa holder, you don’t need to take visit visa for Oman in advance (Read below points). You will get visa on arrival at the Oman border provided you have below mentioned mandatory documents.
- Valid residence visa of UAE ( Your UAE visa should be in professional category – Other categories may get rejected. Please refer Royal Oman Police website for more info: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa
- Valid passport (Not less than six months). For Companions / Drivers / Maids Labour card and a valid passport ( not less than 3 months )
- Insurance document for your car in Oman – ( You can buy Oman insurance coverage from UAE-OMAN border check post If your vehicle insurance doesn’t have Oman coverage )
- We strongly suggest you to refer Royal Oman Police website for the latest travel details: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa
Distance from Dubai to Salalah:
- Approximately 1300 KM from Dubai International City / Dragon Mart to Salalah Town Center
Duration of the drive from Dubai to Salalah:
- 12 to 13 hours of travel time if you go by a speed of 110 to 120 KM per hour with 2 stopovers lasting 1/2 an hour.
Language of Salalah:
Even though the local language is Arabic, most of the local people know English. There are many expats from India and various other nationalities across Salalah.
Currency in Salalah:
The local currency is Omani Riyal. However almost all the places UAE Dirhams are accepted.
Things to do in Salalah
- Wadi Darbat
- Sultan Qaboos Mosque
- Teeq Cave and Tawi Ateer Sinkhole
- Salalah Mountain trip
- Nabi Ayoub’s Tomb
- Sumhuram Old City
- Marneef Cave
- Al Mughsail Beach
- Jebel Qamar
- Cheraman Perumal tomb ( King from Kerala – India ) in Al-Baleed area Salalah (Google map link)
- Anti gravity point in Salalah Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/WKh5A2nq8f12
Other related articles
DubaiTravelator.com for your Travel Assistance
DubaiTravelator.com have listed travel agents who offer various travel packages, Dubai visa specialist to apply for Dubai visa, visa and immigration procedures in Dubai, hotels in Dubai and special deals, things to do in Dubai, places to visit in Dubai, how to plan a five day tour to Dubai etc for your travel assistance.
- Tour Operators in Dubai
- Visa and immigration procedures in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Things to do in Dubai
- Places to visit in Dubai
- Plan for a five day tour to Dubai
- Jobs in Dubai
- Details about Salik Road Toll in Dubai
- Top 10 parks in Dubai
- Dubai Shopping Festival
We have many more categories listed for you .Please click here to check other categories in DubaiTravelator.com.
Please do let us know if you have more queries.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.