Dubai Tour 2014, Sports, Dubai Sport Council, International Cycle Race at Dubai UAE
- Dubai Tour is the new professional cycling race that will open the UCI Asia Tour.
- From February 5th to 8th, 2014, the Great Cycling is coming to Dubai for the first time.
- 4 stages, the best teams and the best riders will offer the World an amazing competition and a magnificent showcase of Dubai.
- Dubai Tour is organized by Dubai Sports Council in partnership with RCS Sport.
- Dubai Tour is a brand new idea brought to Dubai by the Dubai Sports Council in partnership with RCS Sports.
- It is a professional cycle race and spans over four days and four different stages and settings covering iconic locations in Dubai.
- There will be a Downtown Stage that takes place at around The Burj Khalifa. The second stage is called the Nature Stage which will be at the Nad Al Sheba cycle track.
- The third stage is titled the New Dubai Stage which has participants travelling across the Palm Jumeirah and other nearby locations
- . The final stage, called The Old Dubai Stage will be a race through the old and original streets of Dubai.
On January 4th, during the Opening Ceremony of the first Dubai bike lane, the Dubai Sport Council has announced, starting from 2014, the cycling race “Dubai Tour” at the presence of Sheik Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and four great cycling champions as Alberto Contador, Vincenzo Nibali, Ryder Hesjedal and Tony Martin.
During the event Dubai Sport Council presented the race logo and the new race jersey, designed by the prestigious Italian fashion house Versace.
Dubai Sport Council and RCS Sport signed today a Memorandum of Understanding, with the goal of finalising a deal in the next few months about the organisation of the “Dubai Tour” starting from 2014.
Dubai Sport Council received from RCS Sport – organiser of various sport events including the Giro d’Italia – the complete project to develop and launch the race at an international level.
The first of its kind, Dubai Tour is cycle race that covers iconic locations around Dubai in a span of four days.
Dubai Tour 2014 Event Details
- Date:Wednesday, 5th – Saturday, 8th February 2014
- Duration:4 days
- Audience:General Public
- Admission:Online Registration
- Telephone:+ 971 4 324 4446
- Website: www.dubaitour.com
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.