How to go to Muscat from Dubai?
If your car is in full condition, pack up and goooo….
It’s that easy and simple to have a fantastic short trip with family to Muscat, Oman from UAE.
There are multiple ways of transport available to go to Muscat from Dubai:
- Drive to Muscat in own Car by road – Click here for road map
- There are economical flights from Dubai to Muscat:
- Bus Hire by Tour package providing companies.
- Bus service by Oman National Transport Company.
- Public Transport: http://mwasalat.om/
- Bus starting point from Dubai location map: https://goo.gl/maps/VAYCjePT22J2
- Bus timetable – English Bus timetable – Arabic – تفاصيل الطريق
- Bus route details: http://mwasalat.om/en-us/Services/Intercity
- Bus Timing Sun-Thu 7am-10pm
- Telephone contact: 00-971-4-252-5909
- More details and latest info: http://mwasalat.om/l/en.html
- Boat Cruise
Considering that you are going by road, important points to be noted.
Book your hotel in advance as it will be difficult to get hotel accommodation in your desired hotels during public holidays.
Documents Required to travel to Oman from UAE by road:
- Your and your dependent’s / co-passenger’s passports
- Your driving licence
- Your car registration card (Mulkiya)
- Car insurance document. You can purchase car insurance at the border If your car doesn’t have Oman insurance coverage.
- A pen 🙂
If you are a UAE residence visa holder, you don’t need to take visit visa for Oman in advance (Read below points). You will get visa on arrival at the Oman border provided you have below mentioned mandatory documents.
- Valid residence visa of UAE ( Your UAE visa should be in professional category – Other categories may get rejected. Please refer Royal Oman Police website for more info: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa )
- Valid passport (Not less than six months). For Companions / Drivers / Maids Labour card and valid passport ( not less than 3 months )
- Insurance document for your car in Oman – ( You can buy Oman insurance coverage from UAE-OMAN border check post, If your vehicle insurance doesn’t have Oman coverage )
- We strongly suggest you to refer Royal Oman Police website for the latest travel details: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa
Distance from Dubai to Muscat:
- Approximately 420 KM from Dubai International City / Dragon Mart to Muscat Town Center
Duration of drive from Dubai to Muscat:
- 5 to 6 hours travel time if you go by a speed of 110 to 120 KM per hour.
Borders of Dubai and Oman:
Important: Please carry Passports, driver’s licence, car registration card, car insurance documents, money for Oman Visa and a pen at this point.
UAE Dirham is acceptable most of the places in Oman.
- Hatta Border – Wajaja border (Take Oman Hatta road E44 parallel to Dragon Mart – international city. Approximately 145 kilometers from Dragon Mart).
- STEP 1 Hatta border (UAE exit). You have to park the car here, take your passports and walk to the UAE emigration office to get UAE exit stamp on your passport. Once you get the exit stamp you can drive to STEP 2.
- STEP 2 Wajaja border (For Oman Visa). You have to park the car here, take your passports, car registration card, car insurance documents, driving licence and money for Oman Visa. Walk to Oman immigration office to stamp Oman Tourist Visa. You need to fill a visa application form here and submit it in the counter. There is a supermarket and toilets at this point.
- Al Ain border with Oman connecting Buraimi (As per recent restrictions only for UAE nationals)
- Jebel Hafeet border – Al Ain
- Khatmat Malaha- Fujairah
- If you want to go to Musandum (Kasab – Oman) then take Ras Al Khaimah border .
Climate in Oman
- November to March – Winter season. Temperature around 15 to 25 degree.
- April to September – Summer season. Temperature is around 35 to 45 degree.
- Best months to visit Muscat is between December to February.
Other related articles
- How to go to Musandam from Muscat?
- How to go to Musandam – Khasab from Dubai?
- SIDAB SEA TOURS
- Things to do in Muscat City
- How to go to Nakhal Springs and Nakhal Fort in Muscat?
Reference link for places to visit in Muscat – Oman or Things to do in Muscat – Oman
- 23 attractions in Muscat: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g1940497-Activities-Muscat_Muscat_Governorate.html
- Muscat Travel Guide: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g1940497-Activities-Muscat_Muscat_Governorate.html
- Oman Travel Guide: http://www.omantourism.gov.om/wps/portal/mot/tourism/oman/home
- Oman Travel Tips: http://traveltipsplus.com/7-things-to-see-in-muscat/
Oman Hotels – Online hotel booking:
- Hotel Ibis – Muscat
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat
- Cheap hotels in Muscat from lastminute.com
- Grand Hyatt in Muscat
- AsianRooms.com – Muscat Hotels
Dubai to Muscat by road – Google map:
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.