How to go to Khasab from Dubai? Dubai to Khasab Musandam
Khasab – Musandam is a beautiful place in Oman at the border of Ras Al Khaimah, UAE. Khasab is a city in Oman and is the capital of Musandam peninsula. The meaning of Khasab is “Fertility’” and as the word meaning the place is abundant with fresh water resources, date farms and so do the treasures from sea, the fish. You can be sure that you can have a refreshing short trip from Dubai on a very low cost to Khasab. Even though you can have a days trip from Dubai to Khasab, suggest you plan 3 days trip so that you can explore all the beauty of Khasab.
Ways of transport to go to Khasab from Dubai – How to go to Musandam from Dubai
1. The easier means of transport from Dubai to Khasab Musandam is by road in your own car within 2 hours 30 minutes’ drive.
The approximate distance from Dubai Clock Tower to Khasab is around 200 kms.
Since the road after the boarder of UAE is curve type intersections you have to drive safe in a speed of 40 to 50 km. Nothing to worry! the roads are built wide and safe.
Route to Khasab from Dubai / Musandam from Dubai [ Please refer Google Map at the bottom area of this article ]
1) From Dubai take Emirates road towards Ras Al Khaimah. 2) The route is Dubai > SHARJAH > RAK. 3) From RAK city take RAK Cement factory road. Check with local people or most of the taxi drivers can show the way well. Note: It’s always advisable to fill your car petrol tank full from RAK city. There is no or may be one petrol pump till you reach Khasab. 4) Once you reach near the cement factory just follow the directions for Oman boarder. There are small villages to pass by before you reach the boarder. Once you finish the visa procedure, you can head towards Kasab. You will reach Khasab in another 70 to 80 minutes.
Important Note: Keep your cameras loaded to capture the breath-taking view of sea on one side and mountains on other side of the road. This is one of the major sightseeing and benefit of going to Khasab Musandam by road in your own car.
2. Dubai to Khasab Musandam Dibba tour by banana boat ride
Musandam Dibba tour with international buffet lunch, unlimited soft drinks, Swimming, Snorkeling and Hand-line fishing by Banana Boat Ride
Highlights of Khasab – Musandam Dibba tour
1) Day Time Trip to Musandam 2) Pick up and drop back from Dubai on seat in coach basis 3) From the Dibba Port, cruising on a traditional Arabic Dhow 4) International buffet lunch 5) Unlimited water and soft drinks 6) Arabic coffee, tea, juice, sweets and fresh fruits on-board 7) Swimming, Snorkeling and hand line fishing activities (depends on weather/tidal waves), 8) Banana boat riding/ Speed boat sight seeing
For Group Booking Call: 050 3438110 / 04 4274073
Deal to Khasab – Musandam valid till 31st October 2014 for AED 199 – For more details/ reservation contact email@example.com
Click on below link to know details of the deal: https://hunturdeals.com/deals/details/dubai-uae-Musandam-Dibba-Cruising/125
3. There are cheap flights from Dubai to Khasab – 6 flights per week in 30 minutes duration to Khasab from Dubai
Oman Air – For online booking visit www.Destinia.com
4. Tour packages from Dubai to Khasab / Dubai to Musandam click below links.
Considering that you are going to Khasab Musandam by road, important points to be noted are:
Hotels in Khasab
- Hotel Golden Tulip Resort Khasab (Now Atana Hotel) – http://www.goldentulipdibba.com/en
- Khasab Hotel – www.khasabhotel.net
- Bin Majid Beach Hotel – www.binmajid.com/
- Atana Khasab Hotel – http://www.wego.ae/en/hotels/oman/khasab/atana-khasab-hotel-137862
- Al Taif Accommodation – http://www.wego.ae/en/hotels/oman/khasab/al-taif-accommodation-801944
Important Note: Book your hotel in advance as it will be difficult to get hotel accommodation in your desired hotels during public holidays. Recommend you call and talk to the hotel admin to confirm room bookings before you start your journey.
Visa Requirements to go to Khasab Musandam
- All tourists are required to carry valid original passports the trip to Khasab Musandam.
- Valid passport ( Not less than six months ).
- For Companions / Drivers / Maids Labour card and valid passport ( not less than 3 months )
- Please refer Royal Oman Police website for latest info: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa
- All tourists require an Oman visa to enter Khasab Musandam by road.
- Citizens of 33 countries including Australia, European Union, USA, New Zealand & Japan and certain other nationalities can apply for a visa at the border, however please check visa requirements with your nearby travel agent or Oman embassy, as visa rules are subject to change. ( Your UAE visa should be in professional category – Other categories may get rejected. Please refer Royal Oman Police website for more latest info: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa
- Oman Visa Fees is mandatory for all travelers – UAE Exit Fee and Oman Visa Fee is required.
- Oman visa fee is approximately 80 to 90 UAE Dirhams for expatriates holding UAE residence visa.
- Omani Gov’t often changes the rules to enter the territory without notice. Hence to avoid any unpleasant situation during your trip it is always recommended to double check visa information with Oman embassy on below address.
Consulate of the Sultanate of Oman in Dubai: P.O.Box: 1898 Dubai United Arab Emirates Phone Number: +971 (4) 397-1000
Consulate of the Sultanate of Oman Website: www.ocodubai.com
Consulate of the Sultanate of Oman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Address of Consulate of the Sultanate of Oman in Dubai
Khalid Bin Waleed Road, Umm Hurair First, Bur Dubai Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Important: We strongly suggest you to refer Royal Oman Police website for the latest info: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa
Distance from Dubai to Khasab / Distance from Dubai to Musandam
The approximate distance from Dubai to Khasab Musandam is around 200 kms.
Duration of drive from Dubai to Khasab Musandam
Approximate duration of drive is 2 hours 30 minutes.
Till Ras Al Khaimah city you can drive at a speed of 100 to 120 Km per hour or more. But after crossing UAE boarder even though the road conditions are perfect, it is always safe to drive at 40 Km speed since the roads are with curve type intersections.
Climate in Khasab / Climate in Musandam
November to March – winter season. Temperature around 10 to 25 degrees
April to September – summer season. Temperature around 40 to 50 degrees
Best month to visit Khasab is between December to February
Things to do in Khasab – Things to do in Musandam
- Dhow cruise – See the dolphins, Telegraph Island, Seebi Island, Bath in beautiful turquoise water in Sea
- Khasab Castle Museum
- Bassa Beach
- Mountain 4X4 tour – Safari Tour
- Khasab Village Tour
- Take a camera, there are lots of fantastic locations for photography – on the way
Note: Usually all these can be arranged from the hotel you are staying
Visit below links for more details
We hope we have given you some insight to have a fantastic short holidays at Khasab / Musandam and have explained details about things to note in your Dubai to Khasab Musandam trip.
Enjoy your trip and give us your valuable feedback!
We wish you a happy journey.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.