Muscat to Musandam
There are 3 ways of transport by which you can go to Musandam from Muscat:
- Muscat to Musandam by ferry service – 6 hours journey in a Ferry service.
- Muscat to Musandam by road – 570 kms from Muscat crossing UAE – Ras Al Khaimah boarder. Hence necessary exit and entrance visa procedures are applicable. The estimated travel time is 7 to 8 hours.
- Muscat to Musandam by air – Oman Air flying to Kasab from Seeb airport and estimated travel time is 1 hour. You have to buy the tickets with at least the day before you fly. The ticket fare will be 25 Rials one way.
Muscat to Musandam by ferry service – Things to be Noted:
- The National Ferries is one of the best options to travel to Musandum from Muscat.
- The 200 nautical mile distance between Muscat and Khasab will be covered in six hours by the ferry service.
- The service is provided by National Ferries Company ( NFC – الشـركة الوطـنية للعبارات) between Muscat and Kasab.
- Advance booking before 24 hours is recommended. On the sport booking is not recommended for the ferry service.
- You should visit the office and do a direct booking and confir your tickets.
- The Muscat-Khasab ferries operate 4 days a week, leaving Muscat Sundays & Wednesdays 12:00 pm and leaving Khasab Tuesdays & Fridays 12:00 pm.
- For all passengers the ID proof is required during bookings. Hence make sure all the necessary documents are with you while booking.
- Toll free number 80072000.
- Free wireless Internet. Lunch, snacks and beverages included in ticket price.
The ticket price for ferry to Musandam from Muscat and Muscat to Musandam
- Business class: Return 85 Rials / One way 45 Rials.
- Tourist class: Return 44 Rials / One way 23 Rials.
Related links for more information
Things to do in Khasab – Musandam
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.