Hatta Heritage Village – Neighborhood places to visit in Dubai
The Hatta Heritage Village was first opened to the public in 2001. Located in the heart of the rocky Hatta Mountains it offers visitors with a fascinating glimpse into Dubai’s historical past.
Dominated by the two towers overlooking the village, known as the “two stones”, which were used as defensive fortresses, Hatta Heritage Village can be traced back to before 2000 B.C. and consists of 30 buildings, each different in size, interior layout and building materials.
Hatta Heritage Village is a reconstruction of a traditional mountain village located in Hatta, in the Al Hajar Mountains, Dubai. The mosque and houses within Hatta Heritage Village were originally constructed from materials such as mud, palm tree trunks and fronds (Barasti), reeds, and stone. The village consists of 30 buildings, many of which have interior furnishings typical of the UAE in the period prior to development in the 1960s onwards.
The village was opened to the public in February 2001 after extensive renovation, and is currently owned and managed by Dubai Culture & Arts Authority.
Hatta Heritage Village – Places to Visit in Dubai – Details
Where is Hatta Heritage Village located?
Hatta Mountains – Google Map
What is the opening hours of Hatta Heritage Village?
Saturday to Thursday, 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM
Friday 2:30 PM – 8:30 PM
8:00 AM – 8:30 AM
What is the entry fees?
How to reach Hatta from Dubai?
- Take via S 112/ Maliha Rd from Dubai and follow E 102 route towards Hatta. You do not require a passport if you are taking this route.
- Another option is to follow Hatta-Oman road which goes in front of Dubai International City / Dragon Mart towards Madam. If you are taking this route you have to carry your passport as there will be Oman Check Point in before you reach Hatta. Moreover UAE visit visa holders will not be able take this route.
How to reach Hatta Heritage Village?
- You can see a signboard towards Hatta Heritage Village from Hatta main round about.
- In the round about you can see Hatta Fort Hotel, Hatta Co-operative Society & Hatta Mall.
- Follow the Heritage Village signboard.
Some photos from Hatta Heritage Village
Information Courtesy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatta_Heritage_Village
DubaiTravelator.com for your Travel Assistance
DubaiTravelator.com have listed travel agents who offer various travel packages, Dubai visa specialist to apply for Dubai visa, visa and immigration procedures in Dubai, hotels in Dubai and special deals, things to do in Dubai, places to visit in Dubai, how to plan a five day tour to Dubai etc for your travel assistance.
- Tour Operators in Dubai
- Visa and immigration procedures in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Things to do in Dubai
- Places to visit in Dubai
- Plan for a five day tour to Dubai
- Jobs in Dubai
- Details about Salik Road Toll in Dubai
- Top 10 parks in Dubai
- Dubai Shopping Festival
We have many more categories listed for you .Please click here to check other categories in DubaiTravelator.com
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox when we start newsletter service.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.