Dubai Water Canal in UAE
The Dubai Water Canal Project is an extension of Deira Creek, linking Business Bay to the Arabian Gulf through Safa Park and Jumeirah.. This environmentally friendly lifestyle development is comprised of three distinct zones: The Water Network, The Green Network and The Public Realm
- Waterfront Length: 6.4 KM
- Canal width: 80 to 120 meters & Canal length: 3.2 KM
- Walkway, cycling and running tracks
- Link to Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/MRdPajst5EN2
Where is Dubai Canal Waterfalls?
The Dubai Canal Waterfalls is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road bridge at Exit 49
Watch the automatic switch off functionality of waterfalls when boats approach the bridge.
How to reach the Dubai Canal Waterfalls?
- From Sheikh Zyed Road take Exit 49
- When you are coming from Dubai towards Abu Dhabi, take exit 49, keep left line.
- Take roundabout left.
- Then you have 2 options:
- Go straight to PAID car parking area underneath the Sheikh Zyed Road bridge ( Parking full during peaktimes ) OR
- Take first right and go straight then first left (Behind GulfNews / Printing Press). You can walk towards the canal and reach with in few minutes. Usually get car parking spaces in small roads here.
Do we need a ticket to watch the Dubai Canal Waterfalls?
No, we do not need a ticket to watch the spectacular beauty of the canal.
In addition to the the Dubai Canal Waterfalls tourists can enjoy other facilities listed below.
What is the timing of Dubai Canal Waterfalls?
- The Dubai Canal waterfalls start around 8:00pm and end at 10:00pm
What are the attractions at Dubai Water Canal?
- 5 Pedestrian bridges which connects both the side of the canal
- Three of these bridges connect either side of the canal with unique aesthetic specifications.
- The bridges are at 8.5 metres above the water giving a marvelous view of the canal.
- The first and second bridges are located between Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Wasl Roads.
- The third bridge is between Al Wasl and Jumeirah Roads.
- All bridges have electric elevators and escalators on both sides.
- The second bridge with a beautiful arch, has a concrete slope to serve cyclists.
“The Walk”, a seven-kilometre promenade
- The Canal will feature “The Walk”, a seven-kilometre promenade that will eventually connect with the Jumeirah Beach running track.
Sitting areas with loads of greenery around
- Plenty of sitting areas and loads of greenery scheduled for completion in the first quarter of 2017.
Charging stations at “The Walk”
- The Canal has camera and mobile phone charging stations.
- They can be identified by a black plastic looking protrusions on most of the lampposts.
- In addition there ia a small table near to put down your phone and enjoy the waterfalls on the side of Shaikh Zayed Road.
Streetlights in the Canal are solar-powered
- No dependency on electricity
The blue arc bridge which connects both the side of canal (First photo in this article)
- The bridge with the blue arc where cyclists can also cross is inspired by San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge.
- Note: You might feel a slight shake on the ground here and there because the bridge is supported by suspension cables to keep it up.
What are the marine transport facilities at Dubai Water Canal?
- Marine stations: 9
- Canal: Sheikh Zayed Road, Safa Park, Al Wasl, Jumeirah and Dubai Canal
- Business Bay: Dubai Design District, Al Wajeha, Al Maeyah, Marasi and Business Bay
- Three daily ferry trips from 10AM, 12AM and 5:40PM from Jaddaf Marine Station
- On demand water taxi service from 10AM to 10PM at all stations (Dhs400/hour)
Reference links for Dubai Water Canal:
DubaiTravelator.com for your Travel Assistance
DubaiTravelator.com have listed travel agents who offer various travel packages, Dubai visa specialist to apply for Dubai visa, visa and immigration procedures in Dubai, hotels in Dubai and special deals, things to do in Dubai, places to visit in Dubai, how to plan a five day tour to Dubai etc for your travel assistance.
- Tour Operators in Dubai
- Visa and immigration procedures in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Things to do in Dubai
- Places to visit in Dubai
- Plan for a five day tour to Dubai
- Jobs in Dubai
- Details about Salik Road Toll in Dubai
- Top 10 parks in Dubai
- Dubai Shopping Festival
We have many more categories listed for you .Please click here to check other categories in DubaiTravelator.com
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.