Louvre Abu Dhabi – Art Museum – UAE
Grand Opening of Louvre Abu Dhabi on 11 November 2017
The first universal museum in the Arab world, the Louvre Abu Dhabi is an innovative and ambitious project.
Information Courtesy: https://www.louvreabudhabi.ae/
About Louvre Abu Dhabi
Through an intergovernmental agreement signed on March 6, 2007, France and the United Arab Emirates decided to create a universal museum, bearing the name Louvre Abu Dhabi, with an opening slated for 2014. This unprecedented venture lays the foundations for a new type of cultural collaboration between two sovereign nations, and fulfills mutual needs and aspirations.
Some important facts about Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Number of ‘stars’ that form the dome’s eight layers of cladding: 7,850
- Number of super-sized elements that compose the dome: 85
- Weight of each super-sized elements: up to 50 tonnes
- Highest point of the dome: 40 metres above sea level and 36 metres above ground floor level.
- Interior dome elevation: 29 metres above ground-floor level.
- Number of permanent piers holding up the dome: 4
- Dimensions of largest ‘stars’: 13 metres in diameter and 1.3 tonnes in weight.
- Total weight of the dome is 7,500 tonnes (weighing almost as much as the Eiffel Tower) which is broken down into the following:
- Dome steel structure: 5,200 tonnes
Inner and outer cladding, perimeter rim: 2,000 tonnes
Gratings, walkways, mesh and misc. items: 300 tonnes
- Number of scaffoldings used during construction: 120
- Lifting weight capacity of super-sized cranes used on site: 1,600 tonnes
- Height of 1,600 tonne-capacity crane: 230 metres
- Number of trucks used to transport the crane: 90 trucks
- The underground service tunnel that will connect Louvre Abu Dhabi, Zayed National Museum and Guggenheim Abu Dhabi is over 1km in length.
Information Courtesy: Gulf News
The agreement will thus bestow the United Arab Emirates with an international museum that will place Abu Dhabi among the great cultural nations, and more particularly, the great museums of the world. More generally, the agreement will establish the United Arab Emirates as a central arena for dialogue between civilizations and cultures, particularly Occidental, Middle Eastern and Asian. The agreement will also forge a preferential cultural relationship with France, to benefit from its experience and its centuries-old heritage.
The polyphonic collections reflect the multicultural reality of current and future development in Abu Dhabi, a characteristic that prolongs Arabia’s age-old role as a bridge between the West and East, the North and South. The days of the Incense Route and the history of the Persian Gulf, which served as a link between Europe and the Indian Ocean, opening up exchanges between Asia and Africa, gave rise to the concept of a crossroads of civilizations that will be highlighted in museum exhibition spaces.
The permanent and unique exchange between the East and West consequently established by the Louvre Abu Dhabi will help this new cultural institution secure its place on the international museum scene. The creation in Abu Dhabi of other museums—the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, the Sheikh Zayed Museum, designed with the expertise of the British Museum — but also universities — the birth of the Paris Sorbonne Université in Abu Dhabi, in connection with Paris IV, the opening of a New York University branch campus in particular—is sure to establish the Emirate as the new “go to” place for education and culture in this part of the world.
Where is the location of Louvre art museum in UAE?
Saadiyat Cultural District, Saadiyat Island – Abu Dhabi
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/uFNCE2meW3J2
When is the Louvre art museum Abu Dhabi open for visitors?
Louvre Abu Dhabi working hours
Whom to contact for queries about Louvre art museum Abu Dhabi?
Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Saadiyat Cultural District
United Arab Emirates
- +971 600 56 55 66
- Website: https://www.louvreabudhabi.ae/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LouvreAbuDhabi
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LouvreAbuDhabi/
- Instagram: https://twitter.com/LouvreAbuDhabi
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LouvreAbuDhabi
What is the ticket price of Louvre art museum Abu Dhabi?
Admission gives you access to the museum galleries, exhibitions, Children’s Museum and public spaces underneath the dome.
It will be the first of three museums on Saadiyat Island, and will be followed by the openings of the Zayed National Museum and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi.
Dh60 for adults
Dh30 for 13-22 years
Dh30 for education professionals
- Admission tickets are only available on the selected dates
- You are obliged to bring valid certification documents for reduced and complementary tickets
- Free entry for children under 13 years and younger, members of the International Council on Monuments and Sites, journalists, visitors with special needs and their companions
DubaiTravelator.com for your Travel Assistance
DubaiTravelator.com have listed travel agents who offer various travel packages, Dubai visa specialist to apply for Dubai visa, visa and immigration procedures in Dubai, hotels in Dubai and special deals, things to do in Dubai, places to visit in Dubai, how to plan a five day tour to Dubai etc for your travel assistance.
- Tour Operators in Dubai
- Visa and immigration procedures in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Things to do in Dubai
- Places to visit in Dubai
- Plan for a five day tour to Dubai
- Jobs in Dubai
- Details about Salik Road Toll in Dubai
- Top 10 parks in Dubai
- Dubai Shopping Festival
We have many more categories listed for you .Please click here to check other categories in DubaiTravelator.com
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.