Dubai Zoo is closed now. Please visit Dubai Safari project
Dubai Zoo, UAE | Places to Visit in Dubai
The Dubai Zoo was the first zoo to become operational on the Arabian Peninsula. In the mid-1960’s, the Sheikh Rashid bin Maktoum gave permission for the zoo to be constructed and it was then built by Otto J. Bulart. The Dubai Zoo then became an important landmark with a central location in the Jumeirah area. Throughout the years the zoo expanded its animal base and is a full and unique zoo filled with a variety of great animal species today. In addition, various renovations took place throughout the 1980’s and thereafter to make the Dubai Zoo more visitor-friendly and properly accommodate the animals in a similar natural setting
Originally only filled with big cats, monkeys and a few other animal species when it first opened, the Dubai Zoo which you will experience today is a world away from what it used to be. Today, there are plenty of unique animals to visit and view such as the various Arabian animal species, including the Arabian wolf and the Gordon’s wildcat. Other animals include large cats, primates and birds of prey. The zoo consists of 5 acres of land and offers over 200 animal species for the public to view.
If you are debating between visiting the Dubai Zoo and some other Dubai attractions, you should definitely try to make it to the Dubai Zoo for a few specific reasons. First, by visiting the Dubai Zoo you will able to see animals which call the Arabian Peninsula home, like the Arabian wolf which is no longer present in a natural environment. Getting the chance to view these beautiful creatures may be a once in a lifetime experience for you, especially if you will not be getting back to Dubai in the near future.
Another reason to visit the Dubai Zoo relates to the inexpensive admission fee which you will be charged when you visit. At a cost of Dhs 2, those who visit the zoo can see a number of beautiful animals and enjoy the outdoor setting, all at a low admission price.
Dubai Zoo opening times, admission fees, facilities
- Open from 1000 to 1800 daily except Tuesdays, in summer. In winter open 100-1730? Closed Tuesdays for cleaning?
- Except for the snake house, it’s all outdoors so forget visiting in summer time – far too hot. Unless you bring an a/c umbrella with you.
- Admission is AED 2 (yes, that’s all), in 2012. Children under 2 years old free or AED 1? Students AED 1?
- Snake room (house) open 1000-1200 and 1500-1800.
- Feeding times vary for different animals.
- Parking available by the main entrance, and also on the roads behind the zoo.
- A small, basic cafeteria (no seating) sells drinks and snacks.
Location of Dubai Zoo
- Jumeirah 1 near the Jumeirah Shopping Center and metcato Center in Jumeirah Street.
- Location Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/vvxFierpoBS2
Working Hours of Dubai Zoo
- Closed Now. Please visit Dubai Safari project
- Summer timing: from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm, from 1st of March to the end of October.
- Winter timing: from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm from the beginning of November to the end of February.
- The zoo is closed on Tuesday.
Ticket price of Dubai Zoo
- 2 Dhs for each person
- Children under 2 years are free of charges
- Free entry for people with special needs
- 04-3496444 / call center 800900
Reference link: Click here
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.