Dubai Tram – Move Fast & Travel Light
The launch of Dubai Tram is planned on November 11th 2014. The tram will run across eleven stations (mentioned below) now connecting Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach Residence with Al Sufouh.
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) announced that passenger services will starts from 12th of November,2014. The Dubai Tram will cover 11 stations at 10-minute intervals during peak hours and 12-minutes during off-peak hours.
1. Jumeirah Beach Residence 1
2. Jumeirah Beach Residence 2
3. Jumeirah Lakes Towers
4. Dubai Marina Mall
5. Dubai Marina
6. Marina Towers
7. Mina Al Seyahi
8. Media City
9. Palm Jumeirah
10. Knowledge Village
11. Al Sufouh
This tram can carry up to 405 passengers. The service is not for 24 hours per day but it is approximately 19-20 hours.
Dubai Tram timings: 6:30 AM to 1:30 AM, the next day ( Sat – Thu ) Friday – 9:00 AM to 1:30 AM, the next day.
Cost of Tram Tickets
The passengers can use the existing Nol cards for the Dubai Tram service. The ticket pric is AED 3 for each zone. Passengers using the tram must tap-in and tap-out their Nol cards at designated validation booths in the tram stations.
What is Nol Card in Dubai?
Nol Card is a smart card that enables you to pay for the use of various RTA transport modes in Dubai with a single card.
You can use your Nol Card to travel on Dubai’s Metro, Buses, Water Buses, as well as pay for RTA’s Paid Parking.
There is a range of Nol cards available with various features.
Easy ways to get your Nol cards
- Ticket Offices: You can purchase Nol Cards from Ticket offices located in all Metro stations and some Bus stations.
- Ticket Vending Machines: Silver Cards and Red Tickets can be purchased from some Ticket Vending Machines.
- RTA Customer Service Centres: You can purchase Nol Silver Cards from RTA Customer Service Centres.
- Authorised Sales Agents: Nol Silver Card can be purchased from RTA’s authorised sales agents
- Online: You can now apply for a Nol Blue Card online.
Car parking facility
Station 9 will have the largest car parking space and will offer a direct link to The Palm Monorail.
More about Tram
The maximum speed of the tram is 50 kmph but the average is 30 kmph. There are 60 fixed seats and 12 tip-up seating. The road users can hear the announcements from the tram.
Only emergency vehicles, official escorts, army vehicles will be allow to use the road which is near to tram.
Dubai Tram quick facts
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.